Friday, September 20, 2013

Fairy Tale Town

It's hard to believe that the seaside town of Amafli could get anymore beautiful, but as nightfall came, homes and restaurants along the cliff-side lit up with warm yellow lights. The ocean water reflected iridescent sparkles of the moonlight as boats sailed across the quiet sea. I couldn't help but feel I had just landed in a story book, in a town that only existed in fairy-tales. The Amalfi coastline was most certainly one of my favorite places we visited along our remarkable journey... 

Because we stayed only the weekend, I tried to pack as lightly as possible. I opted for this simple, all-black outfit that I could use to mix-match the few pieces that I brought to transition from day to night. 



Here are a few more photos of the scenic view... I just couldn't get enough of this beautiful, seaside town!
At night, I would just sit on our balcony overlooking the ocean, soaking it all in, not wanting to close my eyes for fear of missing a single moment. Families laughing as they walked on the sidewalk below us as they returned home, boats sounding off bells as they returned to shore, and the glistening moonlight dancing on the calm ocean water. These are images of Amalfi that I will never forget. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...