Saturday, September 21, 2013

The Power of Belief

Growing up in a Christian home, I've seen many times the power of faith and belief at work repeatedly in my life. But it wasn't until watching The Secret several years ago, that the power of faith, visualizing, and the importance of monitoring our thoughts and words because they manifest into things became of the utmost importance to me. As bizarre as this concept of believing without seeing may sound to many, I've learned quite a few interesting facts in the realm of quantum physics and positive psychology which scientifically back up this claim with fact and proof. Our thoughts and words actually give off a measurable vibrational energy. Thoughts in essence, really are things. As a result, I constantly strive to fill my mind with positive ideas, and I try my best to speak only positive and uplifting words into my life and the lives of those around me. (Mind you, I am by no means perfect at doing this, but I have seen a drastic difference in my life since I started monitoring my words and thoughts).
I've seen the power of faith work in my life many times before, whether it came to accomplishing a goal, meeting a new person, or attaining something and I've been continually blown away and amazed at the results.

But just a few days ago I had yet another profoundly amazing "WOW" moment because of the power of faith...


When I first got my phone a few months ago I immediately put up a photo I had found on Tumblr that I thought was so beautiful. I had no idea where the picture was taken, but I knew that someday I wanted to find out where it was and visit that place... After a few months of having my phone (with this new screensaver) a friend invited me to visit Italy with her as she studied abroad. After returning home from a 3 and a half week journey, I was sorting through my photos in the comfort of my bedroom and editing the pictures from my trip when I came across one that looked strikingly familiar. It was a photo I had quickly snapped while on the bus on the way to Amalfi. After staring at the screen, I suddenly realized with astonishment that it was EXACTLY the same place I had on my screen saver and I didn't even realize it! I had visited my dream spot and didn't even know it!! I was once again put in awe of the power of faith, and I can't begin to emphasize how important it is to fill your mind with good things, to speak positive and empowering words into your life and the lives of those around you, and to have faith! It's not magic. It's not weird-new-agey mumbo-jumbo. It's the power of belief that is a law of the universe just as real as any other law, like gravity. It's the power of believing even though you may not  see any results in the physical realm.

The town by the way? In case you were wondering it's a place called "Atrani" just a few minutes north of Amalfi :-)



"Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see." -Hebrews 11:1


"By your faith it will be done." -Matthew 9:29

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...